You’ve added colorful accents to your home, color blocked your wardrobe and even brought a pretty pastel touch to your ‘do. It’s no surprise, then, that when it comes to planning the most fun and fabulous day of your life, you’re also looking to brighten things up with colorful additions to centerpieces, bouquets and… your dress? You bet, thanks to these 18 unique ideas that will have you ditching the traditional white gown for a statement-making dress that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
1. Blue Pastel Dress (price upon request): For a different but show-stopping take on the pastel trend, this Jim Hjelm dress in soft blue gives modern brides a classically inspired choice.
2. Rainbow Pastel Dress (price upon request): Add some color to your look while still channeling your inner princess. This whimsical Lazaro ball gown features floral embroidery and crystal trim, plus a rainbow of pretty pastels.
5. Custom Silk + Lace Dress: A stunning vision of red re-embroidered lace and gold silk, this custom version of Claire Pettibone’s Brigitte gown exudes heart-stopping beauty. Use it as inspiration when working with a designer to create or re-imagine your own perfect dress. (via Kelly Sauer)
6. Dip-Dyed Yellow Dress: Ombre gowns are hot right now, especially when they show off bold, bright colors like this secondhand Didi Couture dress that’s been beautifully revitalized. Steal the look by dip-dying your own favorite gown. (viaSouthBound Bride)
7. Floral Print Dress (price upon request): Fanciful, imaginative and uniquely artistic, this regal Atelier Aimee ball gown evokes visions of a watercolor painting.
8. Lilac Petal Dress (price upon request): Let love blossom at a springtime garden wedding by stepping out in a lilac, petal-inspired Jillian gown that’s fit for the modern fairy princess.
10. Blush Hummingbird Dress ($839): From the haute high-low hem to the beautifully embroidered hummingbirds, this chiffon Arjan B dress promises a feminine, sophisticated bridal style.
11. Grand Palais Dress ($2,865): Ready to be queen for a day? Carol Hannah makes it easy with this grand gown featuring draped linen and a deconstructed tulle bodice.
12. Zolotova Dress ($1,989): Give your look the ultimate color explosion by walking down the aisle wearing a wildly wondrous Wai-Ching creation.
13. Marie Antoinette Dress (price upon request): While you may not be tying the knot inside a glorious French palace, you can still make a royal entrance in this off-the-shoulder, romantically ruched ball gown by Sareh Nouri.
14. Brightly Patterned Dress: Why save the paint-splattered look for your trash-the-dress session? This Monique Lhuillier Resort 2013 collection gown is fun, creative and totally unexpected. (via Ruffled)
16. Dip-Dyed Orange Dress: Planning a destination wedding or simply looking to bring some tropical spirit to your day? This custom dip-dyed SYNderela dress is an ideal choice for a retro inspired soiree. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
17. Origami-Inspired Dress ($14,690): While it may cost a pretty penny, this luxe Oscar de la Renta masterpiece, complete with origami-inspired ruffles, is well worth the splurge.
18. Embossed Satin Dress ($3,995): Featuring an embossed basket weave pattern and tactile finish, this vibrant satin Lela Rose dress offers a rich purple hue that’s just right for a wedding any time of the year.
Would you wear a colorful dress on your wedding day? Share your own favorite gowns with us below!